Avera RN - C in Sioux Falls, South Dakota
JOB SUMMARY: The Department of Nursing at Avera McKennan requires all nurses to practice at a competent level of nursing care and demonstrate a competent and professional level of behavior in his/her role as a RN. The American Nurses Associations (ANA) scope and standards of practice are exemplified within the position description. The Registered Nurse is responsible for utilizing the nursing process to provide nursing care for the patient. He/she assumes responsibility and accountability for his/her individual actions and outcomes of patient care delivered on his/her shift.
· Working on a multidisciplinary team with a positive group of physicians, behavioral health technicians, patient care technicians, social work, pharmacists, expressive therapists, and case management.
· Partnering with and supporting patients who are in crisis and suffering from various mental health disorders.
· Developing and utilizing a variety of nursing skills including therapeutic communication skills, medical skills, and assessment skills while treating complex patients in a holistic approach.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
· Graduate from a CCNE or NLN accredited nursing program is strongly preferred. Graduate from an approved nursing program is acceptable.
· Bachelor's degree in nursing preferred.
CERTIFICATION, LICENSURE, and/or REGISTRATIONS:
· Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of South Dakota and/or meeting the requirements of multi-state licensure required.
· Strongly encouraged to complete life-saving education specific to specialty area.
· Certification in specialty encouraged.
· Membership in a professional organization encouraged.
BHS RN 9/18