Avera RN - CLINICAL NURSE EDUCATOR in Sioux Falls, South Dakota
**This position may be eligible for a $4000 sign-on bonus with 18 months of experience or a $2,500 sign-on bonus
SUMMARY: The Clinical Nurse Educator role is to develop and administer training programs to facilitate dialysis nursing and technician orientation, and competencies. Serves as one of the key resources for clinical skills and expert knowledge with staff on duty. Provides surveillance of staff on duty to assess skill and compliance with procedures. Intervenes with education and coaching as needed.Contributes to clinical procedure development and revision recommendations, including nursing-related multidisciplinary procedures, and related patient education materials.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
· Graduate from a CCNE or NLN accredited nursing program is strongly preferred. Graduate from an approved nursing program is acceptable.
· Associate Degree in Nursing required
· Bachelor's or Master's degree in nursing preferred.
· Three years of dialysis experience required, and five or more years preferred.
CERTIFICATION, LICENSURE, and/or REGISTRATIONS:
· Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of South Dakota and/or meeting the requirements of multi-state licensure required.
· Strongly encouraged to complete life-saving education specific to specialty area.
· Membership in professional organization preferred.
· Nephrology Certification preferred.