Avera RN - COORDINATOR in Sioux Falls, South Dakota
JOB SUMMARY: The patient logistic RN coordinator manages all bed placement requests. This position supports the assignment, tracking and problem solving so that patient placement can occur in a timely manner. The RN works collaboratively with the transfer center, nursing departments, case management, transporters, as well as the physicians to facilitate efficient movement of patients throughout the organization . The RN will serve as a link in gathering clinical data to ensure continuity of patient care and appropriate patient placement. The RN will monitor all transfers, identifying potential delays in care and provide communication between members of the care team, patients and families.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
· Graduate from a CCNE or NLN accredited nursing program is required.
· Bachelor's degree in nursing preferred.
· Minimum of 2 years nursing experience preferred.
· Previous patient placement & logistics experience preferred
CERTIFICATION, LICENSURE, and/or REGISTRATIONS:
· Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state of South Dakota and able to meet the requirements for multi-state licensure.
· Certification in specialty preferred.
· Membership in a professional organization preferred.