Great Western Bank Senior Accountant in Sioux Falls, South Dakota
General Description and Essential Functions
• Oversee the direction of reconciliation for Great Western Bank’s general ledger accounts.
• Lead and directs the work of others through business as usual activities as well as new project and conversion activities.
• Review general ledger and bank controlled account changes and additions to make sure reconciliation is carried out in order to minimize risk.
• Consistently look for ways to improve processes based on input delivery and technological platforms for improved efficiencies while upholding the highest integrity and accuracy. Automation methods will be critical for leveraging through a changing and growing
• Develop and administer reconciliation system application, including the development and implementation of reconciliation policies and procedures for every account.
• Complete collections and reviews of all reconciliations on a regular basis and proactively escalates material and aging items for proper handling.
• Serve as a liaison with operational items and retail areas to foster great internal customer service in a timely manner.
• Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field.
• 4-6 years accounting experience required; some experience in banking preferred.
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office
• Demonstrate effective written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work independently and maintain confidential information
• Proven analytical and accuracy skills. Requires attention to detail.
• Must be a self starter.
- Great Western Bank is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity,
veteran status, or disability status. Great Western Bank is also an Affirmative Action employer – Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
Send This Job to a Friend
Great Western Bank is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
You Are Leaving Our Site
You are now leaving our site and being linked to a third party website. Any products and services accessed through this link are not provided, endorsed or guaranteed by Great Western Bank. Great Western Bank is not responsible for the site's content and/or privacy policies and does not guarantee that any file or program available for download and/or execution from or via this site is free of computer viruses or other conditions which could damage or interfere with data, hardware or software. Great Western Bank will not be liable for any loss or damage resulting from your use of any aspect of this site and all such use is solely at your risk.
Click here to continue.
To return to the Great Western Bank website, click the close button on the top right of the window.
© Great Western Bank Member FDIC.
Equal Housing Lender.