U.S. Bank Senior Quantitative Model Validation Analyst in Sioux Falls, South Dakota
This position is within the Model Risk Management Division and supports US bank Model Risk Management program by promote effective governance with the goal to assess risks that may impact the company, including financial, liquidity, market, operational, reputational, strategic, and other risks as appropriate.
This role provides independent oversight and effective challenge to models the bank relies on for financial decision making. Specifically, this individual is accountable for independently validating the technical and functional soundness of a variety of models focusing on Anti-Money Laundering, Economics Sanctions, Customer Due Diligences, Fair Lending and other Compliance Models. The analyst assesses model risk through periodic validation and monitoring activities that independently challenge conceptual design/methodology, reference data, processes, and performance. Validation groups identify corrective actions that promote model risk management process improvements and ensure the timely remediation of identified issues
The analyst interfaces with key stakeholders throughout validation process, regulators (OCC/FED) and internal audit to discuss justification and reasoning behind validation and review findings.
• Advanced degree in quantitative discipline such as: Mathematics, Statistics, Finance, Economics or related field.
• 5 years of experience with SAS and SQL.
• Must be a self-motivated worker who is comfortable and effective work with varying level of guidance.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills are necessary (ability to explain complex ideas in simple, non-technical language.
• Ph.D. Degree in quantitative discipline.
• Analytical experience in AML, Economics Sanctions Models, Customer Due Diligences, Fair Lending and other Compliance Models
• Ability to build strong relations with peers, business line partners, and colleagues across the bank.
• Highly motivated with ability to learn and understand various business lines and their function within the organization.
• Strong organizational skills and the ability to work efficiently and effectively to manage multiple tasks concurrently.
• Leadership and business acumen
Primary Location: North Carolina-NC-Charlotte
Shift: 1st - Daytime
Average Hours Per Week: 40
Requisition ID: 180038559
Other Locations: United States
U.S. Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating a diverse workforce.
U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.