Raven Aerostar Technical Solutions Senior Software Engineer in Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Senior Software Engineer
Sioux Falls, SD, US, 57104-5931
For 60 years, Raven has developed, marketed, and produced technical solutions to great challenges. Utilizing our strength in engineering, manufacturing, and technological innovation, Raven today is a leader in precision agriculture, high performance specialty films, and situational awareness markets. Our purpose to Solve Great Challenges is bold and authentic; it keeps us grounded in markets that have meaning, provide profitable growth, and align with our values.
Raven Applied Technology is dedicated to feeding a growing world population. How would you like to see your creation every time you take a drive through the countryside and know it is putting food on the table? Our technology in precision agriculture drives tractors down the field, wirelessly connects the field and the office, and protects the environment with controlled outputs. Join our team, and help farmers around the world grow more with less.
Build your career at a technology-driven company dedicated to Solving Great Challenges. At Raven, we engineer ground-breaking technologies in the areas of communications, safety, feeding the world, energy independence, and resource preservation. Grounded in a common sense approach to an ever-changing world, Raven is powered by the people who boldly mix drive, courage, integrity, and innovation into the focused ability to solve great challenges. Our strength as a company has always been our desire and drive to Solve Great Challenges, and our culture is built on collaboration, creative thinking, and problem solving.
The Senior Software Engineer will design, develop, and evaluate software from concept through production stage, and make modifications as needed.
• Research, write, develop, test, and evaluate software programs.
• Work with teams to facilitate deployment related to software programs.
• Determine purpose, application, and feasibility of new or enhancement of existing software.
• Create and update documentation for designs, and all phases of the project.
• Work with external customers to troubleshoot and solve problems.
• Assignments are broad in nature requiring creativity and ingenuity.
• Coordinate engineering efforts and provide engineering assistance to internal teams or external customers.
• Keep abreast of new developments in the fields of engineering design, methods, and applications.
• May provide or assist with training needs as it relates to new or existing software.
• Has broad knowledge and skills in the engineering discipline.
• Responsible for defining technical approaches and tasks related to activities and projects.
• Performs moderate technical work that requires experience.
• Able to define and implement critical project criteria to ensure project completion.
• May act as lead on projects and guide lower level engineers and technicians.
• Works under limited supervision.
• Contributes to the team and projects in an above average manner.
• Experienced engineer with 5+ years of career experience
• Bachelor's degree. 3+ years experience with Master's degree. PHD entry level. Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Furthers knowledge of profession through continued education and/or seeking mentorship.
• Experience with Cloud Computing (Amazon Web Services or Microsoft Azure).
• Experience designing and implementing fault-tolerant and highly available distributed systems.
• Ability to rapidly construct proof of concept demo applications.
• Well-developed problem analysis and problem solving techniques.
• Team player who is self-motivated, and has ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Ability to communicate effectively with team members and leadership staff.
• Travel may be necessary, based on position.
• US Citizenship may be required, based on position.
Raven is an EO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled.