Raven Aerostar Technical Solutions Shipping & Receiving Coordinator I in Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Shipping & Receiving Coordinator I
Sioux Falls, SD, US, 57104-0201
For 60 years, Raven has developed, marketed, and produced technical solutions to great challenges. Utilizing our strength in engineering, manufacturing, and technological innovation, Raven today is a leader in precision agriculture, high-performance specialty films, and situational awareness markets. Our purpose to Solve Great Challenges is bold and authentic; it keeps us grounded in markets that have meaning, provide profitable growth, and align with our values.
Raven Applied Technology is dedicated to feeding a growing world population. How would you like to see your creation every time you take a drive through the countryside and know it is putting food on the table? Our technology in precision agriculture drives tractors down the field, wirelessly connects the field and the office, and protects the environment with controlled outputs. Join our team, and help farmers around the world grow more with less.
Perform activities related to the receipt, storage, issuance, and shipment of materials for the division. Ensure materials are handled per processes in an efficient manner.
• Load and unload freight.
• Receive and inspect incoming materials or product.
• Transport materials or finished products to appropriate locations.
• Use computer to transfer inventories and/or complete necessary paperwork per processes.
• Create, maintain, and follow processes and instructions for receiving, inventory, and shipping.
• Perform cycle and inventory counts of raw materials and inventory locations as required.
• Trains new team members.
• Depending on division, may operate forklift or pallet jack.
• Pick and package orders as needed (includes prep work, wrapping, labeling, etc).
• May run pick lists or other related documentation.
• Schedule or quote shipments, or work with logistics team members to do so.
• May order supplies, or notify appropriate personnel.
• Participate in production improvement initiatives.
• Demonstrates the Dimensions of Competition and Raven Team Member Values in their daily actions.
• Maintain a clean and safe work area. Follow established safety and ergonomic standards.
• May be called upon to perform comparable duties of a similar or related nature and/or assist in other areas as needed.
• Learning, understanding, continuously improving, and promoting the division’s quality management system in accordance with ISO standards.
• High school diploma or equivalent education.
• Previous shipping/receiving experience is required, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Depending on division, have ability to operate a forklift, pallet mover, and hoist equipment.
• Working knowledge of ground and air carriers, LTL, and international shipment procedures.
• Ability to maintain accurate records.
• Good organizational skills. Ability to multi-task.
• Proficiency with a computer.
• Team player who is self-motivated, and has ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Ability to communicate effectively with team members and leadership staff.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Raven is an EO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled.