Great Western Bank Sr .Net Software Developer in Sioux Falls, South Dakota
General Description and Essential Functions
Great Western Bank is currently looking for a software developer with .Net experience to help with the development of enterprise grade applications.
This person will be responsible for using established procedures to analyze, design, develop, and test web applications. He or she will have access to the latest Microsoft technology stack including Visual Studio, SQL Server, and Team Foundation Services. The technologies we are developing in are C#, ASP.Net, SharePoint, and SQL Server.
This person will also help with establishing Dev Ops procedures. This includes configuring Team Foundation Server to automatically build applications, automatically deploy them to the development and test environments, and automate testing of the applications. The developer will report to the software development manager in the IT department.
• Use Microsoft technologies: C#, ASP.NET, SQL, MVC, and Microsoft Workflow to develop technical solutions to complex problems that require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity
• Research and design software user interfaces and back-end processes.
• Code, test, debug and document software according to the functional requirements.
• Conduct regular code reviews with others.
• Analyze, diagnose and resolve errors related to their applications.
• Identify innovative options for potential solutions and assess them for technical and business suitability.
• Understand and learn existing systems thoroughly, in order to best understand how future changes can leverage them.
• Provide ad hoc reporting and analysis as required.
• At least four to five years experiencing developing applications in C#.
• Experience using ASP.Net for developing web applications (MVC or Web Forms).
• Experience using Entity Framework.
• A good understanding of T-SQL.
• A good understanding of OOP principles.
• Experience working on a team. Agile experience is a plus.
• Experience with source control systems. TFS experience is a plus.
• Strong analytical and design skills.
• Attention to detail and focus on quality.
• A flexible approach and ability to adapt.
• Experience using third party controls. DevExpress products is a plus.
• Experience writing unit tests are a plus.
• Follow all department standards and methodologies.
• Perform other job-related duties or special projects as assigned.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.