Sanford Health Summer Intern - Population Health in Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Job Title: Summer Intern | Population Health | Sioux Falls
City: Sioux Falls
Department : HR INTERN PROGRAM
Job Schedule: PRN
Hours Per Shift: Other
Contribute to Sanford operations and processes while obtaining first hand experiences that align with the mission, vision, and values of the organization. Work collaboratively with organization leadership, enhancing knowledge and skills and improving the delivery of quality healthcare. Assist in the completion of projects and administrative duties while developing skills related to the assigned function and/or location. Attend training and development opportunities, learning about various processes and functions within the organization.
Demonstrates a basic understanding of organizational project management practices and tools. Researches business related data and generates and interprets basic analytics. Collaborates with departmental associates and management. Demonstrates an ability to meet own responsibilities. Describes opportunities for taking initiative in the organization. Demonstrates the ability to respond to change. Demonstrates an expectation that there will be ongoing shifts in demands and priorities. Identifies tasks or outputs that require accuracy and detail-level attention. Delivers formal and informal stand-up presentations or demos to audiences of all kinds.
The intern will work across Sanford Research and the group on Population Health – focusing on population health initiatives that currently exists nationally and its implications for Sanford Health. Specifically, examining how various population health efforts, working on projects across the health care system – reviewing literature, analyzing data and assisting to interpret using a public health perspective, can intersect with Sanford Health's population.
• The intern will assist with assessing the existing population health literature and how it may intersect with Sanford initiatives.
• A secondary focus would be examining data with the ability to apply data analytics with a focus on population health.
• There will be 1-on-1 mentor sessions, department training in research and application (literature reviews, public health focused).
• Working with EMR and claims based data to build and analyze population-level datasets
• Working closely with Enterprise Data and Analytics and the Population Health Research Group at Sanford Research
• Data analysis skills including a basic knowledge of Healthcare Delivery System
• Population health knowledge/background
• Must be a sophomore, junior or senior pursuing a bachelor’s degree healthcare, data, policy field
• Must be able to commit to the hours scheduled during the 12-week internship.
• Strong communication skills.
Current enrollment or recent graduate of an Associate's or Bachelor's degree program from an accredited college or university.
Knowledge of healthcare industry preferred. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
About Sanford Health:
At Sanford Health, we are dedicated to the work of health and healing.
Every day, we show that commitment by delivering the highest quality of care to the communities we serve.
We are leaders in health care and strive to provide patients across the region with convenient access to expert medical care,
leading-edge technologies and world-class facilities.
In addition to strong clinical care, we are also committed to research,
education and community growth. We engage in medical research to not only discover innovative ways to provide care, but also cures for common diseases.
We continuously seek new ways to achieve our vision of improving the human condition
here in your community, across the region and around the world.
The entire team at Sanford Health recognizes the value of healthy families
and communities. We continue to gain momentum and expand our reach. Together, we can make a positive difference now, and in the future.
Sanford is an EEO/AA Employer M/F/Disability/Vet.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request an accommodation for help with your online application,
please call 1-877-673-0854 or send an email to email@example.com .
City: Sioux Falls
Job Function: Student Services
Job Schedule: PRN
Req Number: WD01984