Raven Aerostar Technical Solutions Tax Accountant I in Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Tax Accountant I
Sioux Falls, SD, US, 57104-5931
Join a technology company dedicated to improving lives through innovative technology solutions. Today, Raven is focused on solving these Great Challenges:
Feeding a growing population by improving agricultural efficiency around the world
Protecting our natural resources
Saving and improving lives through advanced situational awareness
Connecting the world
Raven is organized into three business units that sell our advanced products and solutions within their niche markets. Our Corporate Services team supports the daily operations and business activities of all three.
The tax accountant will provide professional level tax accounting. Apply principles of accounting, accounting for taxes, and comprehension of tax laws and regulations to record tax information and prepare tax reports and returns.
• Perform tax accountant functions for financial reporting and compliance purposes within area of support such as sales and use tax, corporate income tax, foreign tax (GST, VAT, income tax, etc.).
• Verify, compile, classify and complete tax information for returns and financial reporting.
• Prepare tax entries into accounts and document business transactions.
• Perform tax account reconciliations.
• Perform technical research as needed.
• Ensure tax compliance requirements are monitored and met.
• Assist with maintaining tax internal controls documentation and testing.
• Drive tax processes.
• Prepare tax support and interact with independent auditors.
• May support subsidiary (domestic or international) tax accounting.
• Assist in maintaining tax policies and procedures.
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field.
• 2+ years experience in a related position, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Specific skills, proficiencies, and knowledge in field related to position, as identified by department leadership.
• Ability to work with confidential information and documentation with discretion.
• Basic knowledge of tax, accounting principles, and GAAP.
• Proficiency with a computer, including Microsoft Office and applicable accounting software. Experience with web-based tax applications is beneficial.
• Strong organizational and problem-solving abilities.
• High level of patience and service.
• Ability to be flexible and multitask.
• Ability to communicate effectively with team members and leadership staff.
• Limited travel may be required.
Tax Software: OneSource
Tax Research Tools: Lexis Advance Tax and/or Thomson Reuters Checkpoint
Raven is an EO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled.