Raven Aerostar Technical Solutions Technical Service Specialist I in Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Technical Service Specialist I
Sioux Falls, SD, US, 57104-5931
For 60 years, Raven has developed, marketed, and produced technical solutions to great challenges. Utilizing our strength in engineering, manufacturing, and technological innovation, Raven today is a leader in precision agriculture, high-performance specialty films, and situational awareness markets. Our purpose to Solve Great Challenges is bold and authentic; it keeps us grounded in markets that have meaning, provide profitable growth, and align with our values.
Raven Applied Technology is dedicated to feeding a growing world population. How would you like to see your creation every time you take a drive through the countryside and know it is putting food on the table? Our technology in precision agriculture drives tractors down the field, wirelessly connects the field and the office, and protects the environment with controlled outputs. Join our team, and help farmers around the world grow more with less.
Raven Applied Technology is currently seeking a Technical Service Specialist. This position will conduct liaison activities between the customer and company to resolve product or component failure.
• Resolve customer questions regarding correct equipment installation, programming, calibration, and operation via phone or computer based contact.
• Share “on call” responsibilities with the team, to meet the needs of the customer.
• Gather customer’s information and determine issues by evaluating and analyzing the symptoms.
• Accurately process and record transactions using designated software.
• Develop and maintain operational and technical knowledge of the division’s product line.
• Perform liaison duties between internal teams to communicate issues of mutual concern.
• Provide input on product improvement opportunities.
• Edit and critique product manuals, installation sheets, FAQ’s, or public knowledge articles.
• Prepare and present reports.
• High school diploma or equivalent education.
• Experience with technical equipment is preferred.
• Knowledge of electrical/mechanical concepts.
• Well-developed problem analysis and problem solving techniques.
• Ability to communicate effectively and give clear instructions, both verbal and in writing.
• Proficiency with a computer, including Microsoft Office.
• Keyboarding skills and the ability to perform data entry, while speaking to the customer.
• Ability to plan and implement installation instructions.
• Team player who is self-motivated, and has ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Ability to work at a fast pace efficiently.
Raven is an EO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled.