Alamo Group Inc. Welder in Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Highly variable production welding position. Tasks include setup and tack welding of steel components in weld tooling or Demmler weld table, final weld, and cleaning / grinding of weldments prior to paint operation. WIll use material handling equipment including fork trucks, overhead hoists, and weld positioners. Attention to detail required.
Perform various mig weld operations, in a production environment, including tack welding, final welding, and sub arc welding. Works with blueprints to measure and position fabricated steel components in fixtures or on table. Verifies initial position of components as well as final position of components using straight edge, combination square, calipers and rule. Performs cleaning and grinding operations on welded products. May perform rework or prototype projects. May operate metal fabrication equipment such as drill press, band saw and ironworker. Accurately records work order information and inventory transactions.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Three to five years of experience in welding preferred.
- Previous education or experience in mig welding.
- Experience with Tooling, Fixtures, Jigs beneficial.
- Ability to read blueprints with weld symbols and specifications.
- General shop math skills including use of fractions and decimals.
- Ability to wear welding specific personal protective equipment including helmet, gloves, and protective leather attire.
- Ability to operate grinders, deburring equipment, and torch.
- Capable to performing standard measurements using various tools.
- Ability to follow instructions.
- Ability to lift, push or pull 50 pounds alone.
- Ability to stand, stoop, bend, and reach on a constant basis.
- Ability to work overtime and/or weekends as needed to meet production schedules.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled