Lumen SAP Cloud Solution Architect - Open Location or Work from Home in South Dakota
Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen’s network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
The SAP Cloud Solution Architect is an accomplished technical leader, proactive customer-focused advocate, a team player with substantial technology experience across multiple Industry verticals and cloud. The Architect provides enterprise level reference architecture for SAP landscape, HANA architecture, HA and DR capabilities, design and strategy to move SAP landscape to public cloud and multi-cloud management. The Architect also provides leadership and mentoring to other consultants and sales teams. This is a highly visible role where you will influence and directly impact the success of Lumen's SAP Cloud Consulting Practice.
The Main Responsibilities
• Define and document SAP architecture, capturing Technical (architectural) requirements, preparing estimates and defining technical solutions to proposals (RFPs)
• Provide technical leadership in SAP Basis area to the integrated project team throughout all phases of SDLC activities, starting from requirements analysis and design through deployment.
• Provide technical guidance, perform reviews of software and project artifacts, work with the team to prevent and resolve technical issues for SAP application
• Lead and contribute SAP projects technical delivery (SAP Basis & Security) and public cloud migration projects
• Support design discussion with C-level executives by presenting solutions and highlight benefits and risks
• Accountable for the engineering of technical solutions in support of the program
• Contribute to the technical architecture, development process, and implementation alternatives for large scale solutions based on the latest technologies and including open source solutions where appropriate
• Objectively select appropriate technologies based on the business priorities and requirements
• Provide input, expertise, and implement changes into the design, development and improvement of service offerings and back-office procedures; assist in the research and development of new offerings and analyze competing offerings to ensure practice is current and competitive within the Consulting market
• Pre-Sales Support: as required, support SAP application upgrade, conversion & migration, AMS Practice Managers and Solution Consultants with technical opinions, methodology recommendations, Best practices, ITIL Support framework estimates, and solution support.
What We Look For in a Candidate
• Minimum Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (Engineering, Mathematics, IT/IS, etc) with a preference for an advanced degree in a related field
• 8+ years’ experience in SAP Basis administration experience of SAP component implementation/ upgrade/migration and HANA architecture expertise
• Strong SAP technical content leader who can drive strategic, tactical and operational discussions
• Hands-on experience with enterprise level software development, integration and implementation of specified technological areas, which includes knowledge of applicable processes, methodologies, standards, products and frameworks
• Advanced understanding of SAP products/components, analytics, public cloud architecture, SAP application migrations to public cloud, upgrades, support services, web and mobile application management
• 6 + years of systems analysis, design of SAP landscape migration experience
• 5 + years of SOA/system integration experience
• 3+ year experience with any of Public cloud architecture and SAP landscape design experience.
• 2+ project experience with SAP landscape migration from on-premise/ private hosted solution to public cloud is must
• 2+ migration project experience with SAP AnyDB to S/4HANA
• Ability to travel up to 100% at times
• Ability to communicate clearly and professionally with all levels of the organization, both written and verbal
• Ability to work well in a team environment, to collaborate with others, and interface with team members internal and external to the organization
• Establish and maintain effective professional relationships with internal and external stakeholders
• Must be able to adapt to organizational change
• Flexibility and ability to plan, prioritize, and execute multiple tasks in a fast paced environment
• Self-motivated, well-organized, and detail oriented
• Ability to assess technical project’s needs and develop action plans.
• Ability to develop software release plans.
• Ability to work with customers to assign business value to system features in a manner that helps them prioritize what is most important to the business/department
• Ability to work with customers to elicit complex requirements and translate them into manageable and implementable work units.
• SAP experience in leading projects with responsibility for translating business requirements into IT solutions that improve efficiency and productivity
Requisition #: 234751
When applying for a position, you may be subject to a background screen (criminal records check, motor vehicle report, and/or drug screen), depending on the requirements for the position. Job-related concerns noted in the background screen may disqualify you from the new position or your current role. Background results will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
- Lumen Jobs