Lumen Sr Technical Process Architect - Flexible Location in South Dakota
Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen’s network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
We are looking for a Sr Technical Process Architect who is passionate about leveraging technology for the betterment of humanity. This role works in partnership with our technical sellers across Sales & Customer Success teams to identify and remove process friction for the Solution Engineering and Solution Support team.
The Sr Technical Process Architect acts as a change agent on new and existing products to build, clarify, simplify, automate or eliminate technical processes used by the technical sellers in the Sales & Customer Success organizations.
The successful Sr Technical Process Architect must have a strong desire to leverage their technical product knowledge and business acumen to understand business requirements, product details, legal & regulatory constraints, user experience (UX) and customer experience (CX) to increase the speed to order and implement Lumen solutions. The Sr Technical Process Architect will be responsible for analyzing workflows, forms, processes, portals and other Lumen systems to reduce cycles times and eliminate busywork.
This opening is in Lumen Technologies Technical Solutions Transformations Organization and is focused on solutions across all Lumen product sets for all Lumen customers.
The Main Responsibilities
• Partner closely with Product Management, Sales Success Center, Service Delivery and Service Assurance on process enhancements
• Seek efficiency, usability, and reduce repetitiveness of processes used by Technology Solutions through process improvement and automation
• Pursue consistency and alignment of tools and portals across products
• Create or improve process self-help material such as (documenting / training) and create and maintain technical process documentation in a central storage location and eliminate outdated and incorrect documents
• Build trust and partner with teams that create process to build a robust version 1.0 of any new process
• Facilitate clarity between involved parties where ambiguity on process responsibilities exists
• Maintain prioritized list of process gaps to update based on revenue impact and workload reduction
• Drive creation of a single “what is truth” tool for customers and Technology Solutions support teams
• Take input from across Technology Solutions along with personal observations to seek improvement on gaps
• Provides counsel and leadership on future use of technology and business process improvements
• Enhance the alignment between users and implementors of process.
What We Look For in a Candidate
• 5+ years of experience with pre-sales and technology services industry
• Ability to build strong team relationships and easily transfer technical information while working under pressure with tight deadlines and on multiple projects simultaneously
• Technical pre-sales and/or consulting experience
• General technical knowledge across three or more Lumen technology pillars (Global network infrastructure, edge cloud capabilities, connected security, communication, and collaboration services).
• Must be very detail oriented and demonstrate a high degree of accuracy, a strong attention to detail with good organizational capabilities
• Track record of writing technical documentation, understanding technical nuances and the ability to identify and document potential inputs and outputs
• Demonstrate knowledge of industry standard terminology and concepts.
• Strong presentation skills as well as the ability to build and present high-quality training to technical audiences
• General problem-solving skills and ability to methodically understand and resolve complex issues. Must demonstrate the ability to focus ambiguous needs into specific, deliverable requirements. Must demonstrate creative solution development.
• Ability to work independently, or as part of a team to create and maintain complex technical process.
• Ability to prioritize with good time management skills.
• Tools: Salesforce, Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Visio.
• Strong listening, reasoning and objection handling skills.
• Some Travel required
• Industry certifications in one or more specialized technologies
• PowerBI, Microsoft Teams, Microsoft SharePoint page creation and content management
• Implementing Continuous Improvement methodologies, e.g., Lean/Six Sigma
• Proven experience in developing standards, best practices, guiding beliefs, and reference architectures at an enterprise level
• Recent background in Telecommunications Industry
• Experience in developing documents, informational presentations and project management.
• Knowledge of internal Lumen sales tools including customer facing portals.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in the private sector or military
Requisition #: 244311
When applying for a position, you may be subject to a background screen (criminal records check, motor vehicle report, and/or drug screen), depending on the requirements for the position. Job-related concerns noted in the background screen may disqualify you from the new position or your current role. Background results will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
NOTE: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
- Lumen Jobs