Airgas Usa LLC Delivery Driver (CDL B) / Warehouse Associate in Watertown, South Dakota
Home Every Night – Benefits – Consistent Hours – Stability
/Are you ready to be part of a passionate and hard-working team eager to drive our business forward?/
Move your Career forward with Airgas as a Delivery Driver (CDL B)/Warehouse Associate in Watertown, SD!
/Monday-Friday, First Shift!/
What you will do:
As the “face of Airgas”, the Warehouse Associate/Delivery Driver is responsible for safely and efficiently delivering compressed gas cylinders to local and regional business customers from an Airgas branch. This position loads, unloads, delivers, and returns compressed gas cylinders while frequently interacting with Airgas customers. Additionally, this position will support for the safe and orderly stocking, storing, and labeling of all incoming materials and supplies at the location’s warehouse for future redistribution. There is also responsibility for the picking, packing and distribution of materials and supplies for delivery via outside carriers or local Airgas drivers to the customer’s location.
- Safely loads, delivers and unloads cylinders containing compressed gases to customer locations.
- Establishes and maintains good customer relations. Listens to and helps resolve service inquiries and complaints.
- Maintains load manifests and all required vehicle documents ensuring they are properly completed. Ensures that vehicle manifests, labeling and load are in compliance with regulatory guidelines.
- Performs pre-trip and post-trip vehicle inspections documenting deficiencies & ensures all safety items are in good working order.
- Ensures all safety rules are strictly observed & any accidents or injuries are promptly reported to management.
- Stocks, stores, labels, picks/packs and distributes materials and supplies.
- Validates delivery of materials and provides a physical receipt.
- Performs periodic inventory of warehouse materials as directed.
- Organizes and controls site warehouse inventoried items.
- Follows appropriate Company policies and procedures (SOPs) as they relate to distribution, safety, etc.
- Performs general site housekeeping duties as required.
Successful candidates will have:
- HS Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Valid Class B Driver’s License.
- Valid USDOT Medical Examiner’s Certificate (card).
- Hazmat Endorsement (H or X Endorsement) or ability to obtain Hazmat Endorsement
- Must have one (1) year of prior Class B professional driving experience within the last four (4) years and a clean driving record to include no more than one (1) moving violation per the DOT and 2 in a personal vehicle per the state DMV within the last three (3) years.
- In lieu of experience, may consider accepting a diploma from an accredited driving school or a combination of driving and prior Airgas specific experience.
- Minimum of two years of prior experience in a warehouse operation operating forklifts preferred.
- Basic PC knowledge to include familiarity with onboard computers/telematics preferred.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to read and comprehend material data sheets.
- Must have high attention to detail.
- Ability to safely operate a forklift and other material handling equipment.
- Lives by Airgas safety programs, OSHA, and all related rules, regulations, procedures which are applicable to this position’s responsibilities.
Safety is Our Passion. Airgas helps its drivers and the public share the roads safely so people and our product all arrive safe and sound. Airgas follows the FMSCA requirement for all motor carrier employers to run full queries of the Drug & Alcohol Clearinghouse database for any violations during the pre-employment process for all new CDL Driver Hires to ensure they are not prohibited from performing safety-sensitive functions. All new CDL Driver Hires must register for the Drug & Alcohol Clearinghouse and allow Airgas consent to review their Clearinghouse record.
We take care of you:
Airgas offers a full benefits package that includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Vacation, Sick, Paid Holidays, 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match, Tuition Assistance and much more...!
Who we are:
Airgas, an Air Liquide company, is the leading U.S. supplier of industrial, medical and specialty gases, as well as hardgoods and related products; one of the largest U.S. suppliers of safety products; and a leading U.S. supplier of ammonia products and process chemicals.
Dedicated to improving the performance of its more than one million customers, Airgas safely and reliably provides products, services and expertise through its more than 18,000 associates, over 1,100 locations, robust e-Business platform, and Airgas Total Access® telesales channel. As an Air Liquide company, the world leader in gases, technology and services for Industry and Health, Airgas offers customers an unrivaled global footprint and industry-leading technology and innovations.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability
Title: Delivery Driver (CDL B) / Warehouse Associate
Location: South Dakota-Watertown-57201-8010
Requisition ID: 33696