Avera Marshall Registered Nurse - Palliative Care in Yankton, South Dakota
· The Palliative Care RN is dedicated to supporting the Palliative Care provider; this position will work approximately 1 day per week.
· Works in collaboration with the Palliative Care provider and other members of the Palliative Care team to deliver palliative care and related health care services to patient and families.
· Follow-up on provider orders, identifying potential delays in care and assure communication between all members of the care team, patients and families.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
· Graduate from a CCNE or NLN accredited nursing program is strongly preferred. Graduate from an approved nursing program is acceptable.
· Bachelor's degree in Nursing is preferred.
· Minimum of 2 years' experience in an acute care setting required.
CERTIFICATION, LICENSURE, and/or REGISTRATIONS:
· Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of South Dakota and/or meeting the requirements of Multi-state licensure required.
· National Board for Certification of Hospice and Palliative Care preferred